Time to “Get A Life”

Jul 13, 2022

The effects of the pandemic touched almost every aspect of our lives, but one of the largest cultural shifts it brought to the fore was the way we engage with our place of employment. Remote work untethered us from the traditional office space, bringing a refreshing amount of freedom and flexibility to the daily grind.

As the world began to reopen, and offices along with it, many workers felt returning to their old office routine was not worth the stress on their personal lives and relationships. Enter the Great Resignation. But where some businesses saw continued remote work as a threat, Trevelino/Keller saw an opportunity to act on a long-held tenet of our internal culture to encourage travel and the pursuit of new experiences – in short, to “Get a Life.”

Typically, the phrase is meant as an accusation, but we mean it is an active encouragement to see the world and live in the moment. We know that an effective team is a well-rounded team, and we want people who can bring different experiences to the table. As a creative business, having a multitude of perspectives and experiences to draw on is vital to producing the high-quality work we expect from ourselves. And those are exactly the type of adventurous candidates we are actively seeking out in our “Get a Life” recruitment message across LinkedIn and other employment channels.

With this message in mind, a 60/40 hybrid work model was put in place once it was safe to return to the office. The approach was simple and drew on the successes of teleworking during isolation. Every month, schedule approximately 60% of your time to be in office. The remaining 40% can be remote, whether that’s at home spending time with family or soaking up the sun on a beach in Belize. So long as you have a reliable internet connection, the world is your office.

Not only does our “Get a Life” campaign reflect our established work-life values as a company, but it connects the best candidates to our group of enterprising “Lifers.” Won’t you join us?